Saturday 5 March 2016

To begin at the beginning

Hello! I’m Ann and I’m a self-confessed addict of vintage and second-hand shopping. I have a particular weakness for vintage clothes. Although I love clothing from many different eras, I am especially drawn to the 1960s and 1970s, perhaps because that was when I grew up. Consequently, I have quite a few polyester dresses in my wardrobe and I keep on buying more and more of them in spite of the fact that polyester might not be the best choice for someone who is menopausal. The redeeming factor, of course, is that they are “wash ‘n go” and they don’t need any ironing!

As a full-time working girl, ironing is definitely a waste of time. Time which I prefer to spend by going shopping for more items of vintage clothing, preferably made of pure 100% polyester!




A couple of months ago, there was a little quiz on Facebook called “Can You Complete These 1970s Song Lyrics?”.  I ended up with a score of 90%, which apparently made me a “polyester princess”. Although I was a little disappointed not to have scored the full 100% (perfectionist, me?), I was rather chuffed to be called a “polyester princess”.

A very apt name, I thought, if I ever get around to starting a blog. So, after much dithering, here it finally is: my very own blog in which I aim to share my love of vintage shopping, show my vintage wardrobe and other treasures, and generally tell about my day-to-day life in a run of the mill Belgian town. Now, don’t get too excited about that


14 comments:

  1. Dear Ann,

    Isabelle and me are very excited to see you blogging online! Consider us devoted followers from day 1!
    Good luck, dear big sister!!!
    Love,
    Inez and Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ann. How lovely to meet you, fellow polyester fan! Your wardrobe picture looks tantalising, what a fabulous array of colour and print. Following! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vix. I can't believe that you are my first follower! I'm sure that my wardrobe cannot compete with yours ... Following you too, of course. I'm still learning the ropes, though ... xxx

      Delete
  3. Superleuk ! Veel succes !
    Ingrid Van Hees

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warmest welcome to the fun filled, fabulous world of vintage blogging, Ann. It's fantastic to have you here and to get to see your passion for 60s and 70s looks (two decades that I highly suspect will only continue to rise in popularity as time goes on).

    Wishing you nothing but the best and brightest with your site!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, welcome to the Blogosphere! It's lovely to see a new blog.(Great name, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mim. I must say I'm being made very welcome. I feel honoured that the people I've been following for a while are visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann, welcome to the world of vintage blogging! It's great to meet you & I look forward to seeing your vintage treasures. Thanks for your comment on my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to meet you too Curtise, have been following you for quite a while "behind the scenes". xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I'm here at last Ann. Anyone picking up on my other comments will think I'm weird as this is my last comment as I've worked backward through your fabulous new blog.
    I'm off now to join your growing army of followers and I'm so pleased to have found you. I must thank Vix and of course the quiz that inspired your new name. Wonder what I would have been hmm ?
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are making me blush with all your nice comments, and I definitely do not think you are weird at all. I guess I must thank Vix too for another follower like you. xxx

      Delete
  10. I never iron myself I have a steamer. You make a great argument for pollyester though/ I have ventured into the 70s yet but maybe I need too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wardrobe really suits you, but you'd look nice in a 1970s jumpsuit too, I guess. xxx

      Delete